The ideal candidate would have 3-5 years' experience developing native Android mobile applications. They must also have:
● 3+ years of experience designing and developing Android mobile native applications using Java and Kotlin
● Strong fundamentals in Data structures, Algorithms, OOJS design, and development methods.
● Strong Understanding of Android native design principles and interface guidelines.
● Strong understanding of consuming and integrating of API Services
● Strong understanding of Push Notifications (FCM) or cloud message APIs and push notifications
● Strong understanding of Location Services
● Building, deploying, and integrating custom Kotlin Libraries
● Understanding of Deep Links
● Experience in the Google Play Store deployment process
● Experience with development tools like Git and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Maven
● Must have developed at least one consumer facing app with significant number of downloads
● Experience building an app from the ground up
● Experience of publishing at least 1 (publicly available app) on Google Play with significant contribution
● Bias towards action: You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You've shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You're willing to make mistakes along the way and make sure you learn from them.
● Ability to improve teams: You can easily lead a team to the finish line or go deep on huge tasks where the answers are not immediately obvious. You work well in fast moving teams and have no problem working with others to resolve difficult problems. You support your team as much as your team supports you.
● Empathy: Your top priority is satisfying the customer. It doesn't matter what, how, or why something has gone wrong, you'll jump in and take ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope to ensure the customer is always getting the best experience possible.
What's in it for you
The chance to be a part of the early founding team and work alongside ambitious, goal-driven, outcome-oriented colleagues with a successful track record in scaling start-ups. The position has unrivalled opportunities for personal growth, opportunity to create technology you believe in, along with a competitive compensation package that rewards every significant milestone.
As an Android developer you will be expected to work closely with the product lead, design and software team to review requirements, develop apps and implement solutions in an Agile environment.
● Develop Applications that adhere to established best practices, design guidelines and principles and deliver on Product Strategy
● Partner with UX/UI, Product Owners and Software engineers to deliver high performing quality customer experiences
● Working to remain an active learner in all technologies related to Android development (Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, AndroidWear, Android Studio, Gradle, 3rd party libraries, Google developments, etc)
● Follow agile principles and contribute to ensure that all team commitments are delivered on time and of the highest quality